Social mobilization is a integral component of the community development. Success or failure of any project or programme depends on successful social mobilization strategy. More ever effective social mobilization brings positive social changes in the society. Social mobilization attempts to involve the people at the grassroots level through volunteer and professional means. Research shows that most of the development projects could not achieve the desired outcomes because of poor understanding of social mobilization or lack of skills and tools. For example in most of the cases untrained Social Organizer is a person who interface with the community it is just like paralyzed man who makes people walk.
This training is designed to equip participants with necessary skills/tools/ and knowledge of social mobilization through case study methods. Further Case studies of renowned social change makers will also be discussed during the sessions.
- Enhance understanding of the participants about social mobilizations dynamics, process, key elements and stages
- Developing skills of participants about social mobilization through case studies methods
- Develop skills of the participants about using different tools of Social Mobilization in context of varied situations
- Different perspectives of social mobilizations
- 4 Basic Elements of Social Mobilization
- Social Mobilization Stages
- Social Mobilization Cycle
- Social mobilization strategies
- Role of motivation and inspiration in social mobilization
- Soft skills for effective Social mobilization (Communication and conflict managing, managing expectations)
- Will know about social mobilizations dynamics, process, key elements and stages
- Will be able to use various tools of Social Mobilization different situations
Who should attend ?
Development professionals who are working as front line workers- Field Coordinators, Project Coordinators, Community Facilitators and Social mobilizes.